Zoom connection testing, audio and video controls
(Scroll down for access details on your mobile)
Test your connection on Zoom
- Use this link to test your internet connection for use with Zoom via this Zoom Link
- Further support directly available on Zoom Support
Connecting audio on computer
1. Check the device volume is turned up and/or check if headphones are plugged in
2. Click ‘join the audio’ in the Zoom Meeting / Webinar - there is a ‘join audio’ button on the bottom left of the webinar screen.
3. Once you have joined the audio, if there is still no audio, click the arrow next to audio settings and select ‘test speaker and microphone’.
4. If you still can’t hear please leave the Zoom Meeting/Webinar and close Zoom. Then rejoin the webinar using the same link and same wifi network.
5. If this does not work check the following Zoom settings:
a) Open Zoom software and Click on the gear icon in the top right corner (or the zoom.us in the toolbar) to bring up the Zoom Settings menu
b) Click on the Audio on the left navigation bar
c) Click on Test Speaker to make sure you can hear the audio output
d) You choose from the drop-down next to test speaker, the option that you would like zoom to use for audio
Connecting audio from mobile app
Once a person is on screen the audio will begin. If you are connected but can’t hear anything it will most likely be a setting with your mobile Please check:
1. You have the sound on your device turned up or check if audio is coming through headphones that are plugged in or connected via Bluetooth
2. If the audio is turned up, you may need to ‘join the audio’ in the webinar. There is a ‘join audio’ button on the bottom left of the webinar screen.
3. If you still can’t hear please leave and rejoin the webinar on the same device and using the same link
Need more help?
Access: Zoom Support
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (yes it's .co)